Gambling, live shows, amazing restaurants, great shopping – Las Vegas has so much to offer. No wonder it’s a top getaway destination! Find out how to save money on Las Vegas hotels so you can spend your savings where you want, whether that’s on a once-in-a-lifetime meal, a spectacular Cirque du Soleil show, or a few hands at the blackjack table.
Read on to discover the best way to save money on Las Vegas hotels, plus five more tips on how to save money on your Vegas trip.
The Best Way to Save Money on Las Vegas Hotels
Scouring the internet in search of coupons can be time-consuming. Save yourself time and check out these deals from ID.me partners. They’ll help you save money on some of the best Las Vegas hotels and resorts.
Harrah’s Las Vegas
Book 3+ Nights and Save on Your Next Escape
Rio Las Vegas
Stay Longer & Save
Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
Be the star of your Las Vegas vacation with these discounted packages for Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Flamingo Las Vegas
Find discounted packages for your Flamingo Las Vegas vacation
Paris Las Vegas
Use these deals and promo codes to book a memorable stay at the center of the Vegas Strip
Bally’s Las Vegas
Book discounted packages at the iconic Bally’s Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
The STRAT Hotel
25% off Mid Week Room Rates
Experience the Fan-favorite Cafe, Vegas Bed and Breakfast! Hotel Promotions Include One Night Stay and Cafe Credit Daily Per Room
Looking for a Vegas getaway? Book your trip today at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas and Save Up to 25% off your stay
PRO TIP: You can also save money on Las Vegas hotels by booking at the right time. You’ll often get lower prices by visiting early in the week, especially if you include a Sunday night, rather than a weekend. Also, be sure to check for special events and large conventions and avoid those dates, as hotel prices may go up.
5 More Ways to Save Money in Vegas
1. Save on Las Vegas Shows
Las Vegas is known for gambling as well as its world-class entertainment. Seeing a live show is a must-do on your Vegas vacation, and it doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out these offers to save!
3. Save on Transportation
Taxis and Ubers add up fast. Save money in Vegas by taking advantage of free and low-cost transportation, including:
- Free hotel shuttles to and from the airport and the Strip
- Free trams: Aria Express, TI (Treasure Island)-Mirage Tram, and Mandalay Bay Tram
- Downtown Loop free shuttle
- The Deuce on the Vegas Strip (aka “Deuce”), an inexpensive 24-hour bus service
- The Las Vegas Monorail
Walking is free, too! The Strip is 4.20 miles long, and it takes about 90 minutes to walk from end to end. As long as the weather’s in your favor, walking is always an option, especially at night when Vegas’s desert climate tends to be cooler.
4. Sign Up for Players Cards
Now, this is how to do Vegas right. Players card programs are like frequent flier programs for Las Vegas resorts and casinos. You can earn points on your card when you gamble, eat, shop, or stay at the hotel, and more. Redeem points for perks like discounts on hotels, spas, shopping, and dining. Some rewards cards work at multiple locations, notably:
5. Save on Food and Drink
The food in Las Vegas is outstanding, but it can be pricey, too. Save money on food in Las Vegas by trying these strategies:
- Avoid expensive spots on the Strip. Eat where Las Vegas locals eat7 instead.
- Don’t use the hotel minibar. Get water, drinks, and snacks from a grocery or convenience store to stash in your hotel room.
- Save by skipping lunch. You might be sleeping in, anyway, so take advantage of an all-you-can-eat buffet for breakfast or brunch to keep you full until dinner
- Get your bargain buzz on. Vegas has plenty of all-you-can-drink deals that are significantly cheaper than downing cocktails at the casino bar. (Of course, we urge you to drink responsibly.)
- Make or buy your beverage of choice and bring it with you. On the Strip, you can walk around with alcohol (as long as it’s not in a glass container) and take it into casinos and hotels
PRO TIP: Many casinos still offer free drinks to gamblers who are actively playing on a slot machine or at a table. There’s no guarantee that you’ll get comped drinks, but you can up your chances by playing more at the same place and tipping your server for every drink.